Safeguarding and Child Protection
Keeping your child physically safe in school is hugely important to us.
- regular Health and Safety checks of the premises and school site,
- termly fire drills and other regular drills to ensure we all know what to do in an emergency,
- water quality testing of our swimming pool and water system,
- annual fire risk assessment and safety lighting checks,
- DBS checks on all staff and regular visitors and helpers in school,
We also take your child's online and emotional safety very seriously with regular work in each class on e-safety (online safety) as well as how to ensure we treat each other with respect online.
Child Protection is a term used to describe the activity that is undertaken to protect specific children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm. We work closely with a range of services and the county Multi Agency Support Hub to ensure every child feels safe, has an adult they can trust in school and that concerns are followed up quickly and appropriately.
We also work alongside the police through Operation Encompass to share information when children may have witnessed domestic violence to ensure we can give that child the support they need in school.