Our Values and Ethos
Producing high achievers through creative learning and kindness
We are delighted to introduce you to our small, rural community primary school set within the South Downs National Park but only a few minutes away from Haslemere and Petworth.
- We have our own highly regarded on-site Pre-school offering 30 hour care for children from 2 years of age
- Our before and after school care caters for children from 3 years of age upwards 7.45am – 5.30pm
- Ofsted rate us as a good school with improving standards of academic achievement and progress
- Every child matters in our caring community where small class sizes mean children are known and cared for
- Our own outstanding swimming pool offers weekly lessons to all our children through the summer
- The pool is also open during the summer holiday for leisure swims
- Our aim is to build children's confidence and self-esteem to become life-long learners through high quality teaching and exciting learning opportunities with a broad and rich curriculum.
- In the last few years we have learned a great deal about Growth Mindset and how having a positive approach and good thinking habits, we all become better learners. We take the emotional health of everyone in the school very seriously and look for opportunities to support and promote an understanding of our emotions and how they can affect our behaviour. Our three key behaviour words are: kind, safe, ready.
- We are working towards making our classrooms Dyslexia Friendly and recognising early reading difficulties to ensure all children obtain strong skills in reading and spelling.
- The development of our understanding of how we fit within a global culture and becoming more environmentally aware is important to all of us.
- We are discovering new and exciting computing and IT opportunities through use of Micro:bits, working with a technology expert to extend our use of programming and coding. We have recently been given a 3D printer which we are keen to get working in the school.
- Developing fluency, problem solving skills and reasoning in maths have increased by working within a project to promote excellent Maths achievement through a Mastery Approach.
- Our infant and junior choir are led by our wonderful music teacher who also teaches many children individual music lessons in school.