Our Governing Body consists of eight Governors, who give their time voluntarily to ensure:
- The clarity of vision and ethos of the School
- The Head Teacher is accountable for the educational performance of the School
- The financial accountability of the School
Our team of Governors are highly skilled in a range of different areas and challenge the leadership of the school to continually promote improvement. The main work of the Governors is completed within two committees: the Finance and Premises team and the Teaching and Learning team.
The Governors regularly visit the school and often carry out monitoring visits focusing on different areas of the curriculum and well-being of staff and children.
Governing Body Diversity Data
As a school we recognise that a diversity of thought, voices and perspectives is essential to good governance and the effective running of any organisation. We regularly collect diversity information from our governors and, depending on current data, can use this to:
- target recruitment to address gaps in experience and diversity
- develop and adapt board practices to ensure full participation
- prioritise training and awareness-raising in identified areas
- address potential ‘blind spots’ through seeking wider advice and perspectives on current and upcoming opportunities, challenges and risks
However, we are unable to publish this information as it would mean that individual members of our governing body are identifiable.
GOVERNING BODY OF NORTHCHAPEL 2023/2024
Our Governing Body currently consists of seven members and operates with two committees.