Covid - 19 Information
Here you will find details of how we are managing the pandemic, what you should do if you have symptoms and links to other information linked to the outbreak.
What To Do If You Have Symptoms
Anyone – pupil or staff member – who believes they may have symptoms of COVID-19, or is notified that they are a confirmed case of coronavirus, must stay at home self-isolating, following the guidance found here.
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), however mild, OR you have received a positive coronavirus (COVID-19) test result, the clear medical advice is to immediately self-isolate at home for at least ten days from when your symptoms started. Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
- You should arrange to have a test to see if you have COVID-19 if you haven’t already – visit this website to arrange.
- Consider alerting the people that you have had close contact within the last 48 hours to let them know you have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Following a positive test result, you will receive a request by text, email or phone to log into the NHS Test and Trace service website and provide information about recent close contacts.
A headteacher receiving notification from a pupil or staff member should contact Public Health England, Sussex Health Protection Team:
- In-hours: (Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm) 0344 225 3861, hold then option 3
- Out of hours: 0844 967 0069
Two additional links with further guidance are listed below…
- West Sussex County Council have online help and information – see their website page here
- Please see this link for guidance on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- We have some news about 2 services which may help the children to feel less isolated – click here for information
- Remember , if you have any direct medical concerns, to contact NHS 111.
What parents and carers need to know about early years providers and schools for the autumn term 2020 can be found here.
West Sussex have more detailed information for parents and carers about returning to school. Click for the link here.